HOW TO REGISTER FOR OPEN OWN COMPOSITION EVENT?
1. Login to the contestant account
2. Click the COMPETITION REGISTRATION tab.
- Hover the mouse over the COMPETITION REGISTRATION tab will provide a list of the Competition Categories.
- Select OPEN OWN COMPOSITION. You will see the screen presenting OPEN OWN COMPOSITION event.
3. Click on the Image above the event, make sure that you review the information thoroughly to ensure it is the correct event. Click Add to Cart.
In the Music Selection boxes, Enter the detail description your piece in the following format:
Contestant First name Last name: Music title [For example: Viviana Truong: Wind at Dusk].
Enter the accurate time for your piece, such as 4:53 for 4 minutes and 53 seconds.
Click USOMC Upload to upload the complete music score. Once clicking on the USOMC Upload link, it will bring you to another site of USOMC operation to upload the information.
Once you are done with uploading information, hover back to the Registration site and Select Add to Cart.
If you miss the Upload step during Registration, you can simply go back to the site, find the QUICK LINKS at the bottom of the page and select Upload Files to USOMC. You have until January 31st, 2021 to provide your complete score to USOMC.
USOMC Staff will contact you by email to ensure that you provide your own composition before the deadline.
4. APPLICATION FEE can be included during this process, if you have not completed the Application Fee payment.
- Select one of the Application fee option on the bottom of the page, as appropriate. Most contestant will pay the regular Application fee of $60.
- Make sure contestant name is entered in the Application fee.
- Application fee is required only ONCE.
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration process will be delayed if the Application Fee is not completed during registration.
5. If more event to be registered, hover the mouse over the COMPETITION REGISTRATION Tab to select another category and repeat step 2.
6. Select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT when done.
7. Fill out the required BILLING INFORMATION. The name for BILLING INFORMATION is the name of the credit card holder (parent/teacher's name). The SHIPPING INFORMATION should have the name of the Contestant (child/student's name). Select PLACE ORDER to complete the registration process.
8. A confirmation email will be sent immediately to the email address of the contestant account when the registration has successfully completed.